Thursday 18 January 2007

Commuting part deux

Welcome to part 2 of my commuting annoyance....

When there's a problem with the trains (ie cancellations etc) why do all commuters turn into something you'd read about in Lord of the Flies??? Everyone seems to lose that indoctrinated British art of queuing, and turn primitive as they elbow and trample over everyone in their desperation to get on the train. I know when you're spending 3k a year on a season ticket we all think we've got as much right to a seat as anyone else, but I don't want to get bruises every time this happens.

And what is it with the train announcers? All of a sudden, they have a captive audience, and they turn train commentery into "An audience with..." comedy sketch. Which is lovely, but a bit of consistency would be nice...

See, this is why I didn't start a blog before - it makes me sound like some middle aged miserable hag.

Hell, who cares, I'm not advertising this blog anyway

2 comments:

Paula said...

Hee hee, It's so funny listening to what's going on in your head!It is like slicing through the middle of your skull and perusing through your Rants about this life!You're a funny girl RuthieRoo!.......You Go Girl!.
Unable to sympathise on the train hassells though, blimey, it's been sooooo long since I commuted, and reading your words, makes me sooo happy that I am not having to do that everyday. Espesh when I can be at home, eating fairy cakes, and playing with Play-doh! (Although the sleepless nights, potty training and Chicken-Pox are not really doing it for me right now!!) See, it's a balance - God, makes sure it aint ever totally HunkyDory, as that wouldn't be fair on everybody else ;-)
Lovely Blog, liking the colours, layout and general feel of the pages.... big thumbs up from me.
Looking forward to More InsideRuthiesHead entertainment.

Ruthie said...

Stop trying to make me jealous with the play-doh! You know it's my favourite!