Monday 19 February 2007

Canada Water

I went to Canada Water shopping centre today with a colleague, and this really weird thing happened! We'd just walked out of the centre, when all of a sudden we heard this INCREDIBLY loud blubbing noise. At first we couldn't see where this was coming from, but then we realised it was coming from a puffer-hood-rat perched on a nearby bench. The blubbing just got LOUDER AND LOUDER, and then the hoodrat got up and started walking behind us!

We agonised (for about 5 seconds) over whether we should check this poor critter was ok, but then the hoodrat changed course and started following other people!

I'm still wondering how anyone can cry that loudly in public...

5 comments:

Gina said...

At first Ithought you were talking about an animal (i'm so uncool)
You obviously haven't heard me cry in public then.

Ruthie said...

You're probably more familiar with its relative - the common chav!

Anonymous said...

Me too Gina - but your comment has made me look it up on the urban dictionary (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hood+rat), whose definitions I couldn't POSSIBLY repeat on Ruthie's blog!

Anonymous said...

I will admit that I had no idea either, my 16yr old cousin who thinks I am cool will be so disappointed. Having checked out the urbandictionary (thanks alan) I now understand..... Have been away from Essex too long, fond memories :)

Ruthie said...

Well just maybe it's about time you get your arse back over here to catch up on a bit of the local lingo "in da hood!"