Monday 26 February 2007

Nodding dogs

For some reason, I used to be filled with feelings of irritation and loathing for those horrid nodding dogs which some people used to put on the parcel shelves of their cars.... I always wanted to rip their heads off (the dogs not the owners, although they probably deserved it for having them on display in the first place), or stamp on them, or set fire to them.... but I always refrained! Anger management is always such a good thing, don't you think??

When I got on the train on the way home tonight, I realised that I was going to have to stand up for most of the journey. Having settled myself into an uncomfortable position, allowing me to read whilst holding on for dear life, so I didn't fall flat on my butt and make a complete spectacle of myself, I noticed the commuter sitting down next to me was moving his head from side to side, then in a figure of 8 etc... "poor him, strained neck, aww" thought I! This was soon replaced by "wtf?" when this neck movement had been going on for about 10 minutes... by the time it got to 25 minutes, I wanted to rip the Fekker's head off, or wrestle him out of his seat [after all, if he's not going to use his head rest, he may as well not even be on the seat and how dare he distract me from my book]!

But again I refrained, although I did have to try and manoeuvre myself so I was facing the other way, before I was seduced to the dark side!

I think I may still have anger issues!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You think?

Ruthie said...

Heeeeeeyyyyyyy Mikey, some things just never change eh?