Friday 14 September 2007

The good, the bad, and the darn right cheesey!

I was watching Return of the King yesterday, and I COMPLETELY forgot about a line in it that just made me cringe when I heard it at the cinema - the bit were Eowyn takes off her helmet and says "I'm no man" ... *shudder*

Which is nearly as cheesey as that line in Backdraft "Look at him... that's my brother goddammit"

Why do director's let these kind of lines into films??? Unless it's going to be up with "Obi Wan has taught you well" then don't put it in!!!!

3 comments:

Gina said...

I think (but I may be wrong) that was a direct quote from the book.

Ruthie said...

You made me doubt myself then, but I've just checked. She actually says in the book "but no living man am I, you look upon a woman. Eowyn I am..." - which is much more dramatic and exciting, rather than the very short & cheesey "IIIII'm Nooooo Man"

Gina said...

You're so right!