Wednesday 5 September 2007

Swing low...

I really enjoy watching rugby, and love the way the players always seem to be really respectful towards the referee (even when they're making really rough decisions). The players never seem to criticise the match officials/ other team in the post-match interviews, and the losing team always seem to have the "better team won" attitude.

I sometimes wonder how different football would be, if the Football Association adopted some of the rules that Rugby Union have. Can you imagine how different it would be if Rooney got "sin-binned" for 10 minutes, rather than getting sent off? And the TV replay would have been great in the Hand of God incident!

The Rugby World Cup starts on Friday, and although I don't think we'll get further than the quarter-finals, I'm really looking forward to it. I got so emotional in the last final, that I cried - and roared with laughter at the way the Australian Prime Minister reacted when he was handing out the medals afterwards! Talk about publically being a bad loser!

Anyway, good luck to our boys!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I much prefer Rugby to footie as well Ruthie. In my case, as ever , it is purely on aesthetic grounds; you can't beat a rugby players thighs in shorts :D I used to go out with one - hubba hubba.

Love, the very slightly shallow Mrs M ~ X ~

Ps How is Jonny! *evil titter*

Ruthie said...

Oh, didn't I mention the thighs?!? How silly of me! Another great reason to tune in!

Mmmmmm rugby thighs (Homer moment)

I always think its nice to realise that some men actually have bigger thighs than me!!!!

What do you mean "how's Jonny" *ahem*