Friday 23 March 2007

Goodbye docklands

Today should have been one of the more stressful days at work, with the whole moving buildings lark. However, it was a surprisingly stress-free and enjoyable day! We were actually allowed to wear jeans for casual dress - because the Docklands office is the HQ, a casual dress day usually means men can take their ties off, but apart from that, the normal dress code applies!

Having to pack up all our desks and work so early, also meant we couldn't actually do anything for the majority of the day... another reason to enjoy the day!

Someone found a fake finger, stuck it to their hand, and spent about an hour trying to make all the girlies squeal! I got pelted by elastic bands for about half an hour, then when I retaliated, I got accused of "not playing nicely" because I was pinging them too hard!!!! Blimey, I was more suprised they reached the intended target! Some men are such girls!

And then to top if off, our top-bod boss actually ordered in a load of booze, including bottles of beer, and everyone was allowed to drink at their desks!!!

A very surreal day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never learnt how to ping elastic bands - they usually just stay flopping about on my fingers after I pull back and let go, or - if it's my lucky day - spring back to whack me in the face.

Never mind, I did beat a girl at arm wrestling... once.

Paula said...

Ha ha, the elastic bang pinging, those were the days *sigh*
Glad it all went OK tho, sounds like a bot of needed stress relief, before the big mooooove.
As it's your burfday (it's on Tuesday, everyone!)there is small parcel winging it's way to you as I type.
Lots Love
PaulaBxx

Ruthie said...

Alan - out of interest, how old was the girl? And did you pay her to lose? ;o)

Paula - naughty girl for: a) sending me a parcel, but thank you in advance; and, b) mentioning the B word when I haven't worked out how to edit comments! Oh, and btw, my elastic-band pinging HAS improved, but only slightly!