Wednesday 28 March 2007

Lawns

When I lived in a flat in Westcliff, I used to dream of having a nice garden so I could do loads of gardening and sit outside in the summer.

Now I dream of NOT having to mow my lawns every week! I am rubbish at doing this, I start off with every good intention of having nice straight lawn stripes, completely forgetting how uneven and rubbish my lawns are! I end up using the flymo like a hoover (but not my lovely Dyson) just to get the grass cut - and then I can't be arsed to strim the edges, so it never looks particulary good anyway! And to get it's own back, my garden then gives me a bout of hay fever!

I'm thinking I might just get the lawn dug up and lay astro turf! Do cats shit in that, does anyone know?

6 comments:

steverobbo said...

Can't you just get rid of the lawn and put cat-litter in it's place.

That'll make life easier on two counts.

Ruthie said...

It would probably make life a lot easier if you lent me Tommy and Penny for a weekend! I don't think the local cats would realise they are smiles, and not snarls!

Besides, dog biz is NEVER as smelly as cats biz!

Gina said...

Just let us know when and we'll book a weekend away. Are you sure you don't want them for 2 weeks to be on the safe side?

Ruthie said...

not if Tommy's going to bark like last time!!!!

Gina said...

Ruthie will you stop bearing a grudge! You probably frightened him ;0)

Ruthie said...

lol, only teasing, you know I love them both!

p.s. Tommy's not scared of anything!