Wednesday 7 March 2007

Monday

I had to go to Kent on Monday, and my lovely daddy drove me down there. Now, I love spending time with him, but his in-car entertainment really does my head in! He either has Radio 2 blasting out so loudly that you can't talk, or has it so low, that it becomes white noise in the background. And then just as you start getting used to the crackling sound, the traffic bulletin blares out on full blast and scares the life out of you! Anyway, I was FULLY prepared for the drive this time, and saved up all my podcasts so we could listen to them instead! My dad is now a bigger fan of Russell Brand than I am!

Before we set off, I managed to spend some time playing the jumper-climbing game with Reggie and Lola! They had their first proper fight, I'm sorry to say. Reggie accidentally trod on Lola's front paw, so Lola slapped him round the face with her other paw (not kidding). Reggie obviously didn't like this, and slapped her back! Lola retaliated etc so I had to separate them! I've never seen anything like it! They're friends again now though!

Turns out we'd been given duff information about Heroes, there WAS another episode on Monday, so it's only 5 weeks to wait now! Wasn't as good as last weeks though!

7 comments:

Gina said...

They are TWA - tortoises with attitude.

Gina x

Paula said...

Have you considered Torttie boxing league?! Think you have a couple of champs there. Hmm, there's proably not even a womens torttie federation. Typical. Hey wasn't a relly of yours a female boxing champ in the earlier 1900's! Perhaps it's skipped several generations and has been passed down to Lola & Reggie! We Lurve your Daddy too! Was thinking, that as my mum has adopted you as a daughter........can I adopt your Dad?.....Oooo, we could get them together & be sisters!
Kewl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm a bit puzzled by Russel Brand -is there something a bit sexy about him in a very filthy way? Or is it just me?

Yours wonderingly, puzzled pie lady from Essex who normally only 'does' funny men with glasses.

Ruthie said...

Tortie boxing league - wow... do you think it will catch on???

Yes my great auntie was world champion boxer Battling Barbara - kicked a few men into shape in the 50's - Respect eh?

Great idea about the adoption - don't want to think about my dad and your mum "getting together" - no offence, but not an image I want in my head!!! Damn, too late!

* singing "Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens...." with fingers in ears and eyes shut tight! *

Phew image gone!

And as for you Mrs Miggins, don't think my dad was a fan of Russ in THAT way, but you are SO right, something very sexy and dirty about him! Also very sexy, Louis Theroux!

Maybe we should compile a list of "shouldn't, but do" men!!! Any other suggestions?

Ruthie said...

p.s. Lady PeeBee, you can add as many ginger men to this list as you want!

Paula said...

Shouldn't want to 'do'
but do want to 'do'
Fireman Sam (in full uniform)
Will Self, author
Nigel Havers (now, not 20 yrs ago)
Oh dear, I need help!

Gina said...

Tim Vine - I don't know why but I can't ignore my feelings.