Thursday 22 March 2007

Hissy fit

Ooops, threw a little bit of an email strop this morning...

One of my friends sent through a link about the Dangers of Hopi Ear Candling, which is a kind of hippy-shit alternative health treatment that I particularly love! This article was basically ripping the procedure to shreds, and ranting on about how dangerous it was. But the arguments "against" this treatment all revolved around stupid twats who'd tried to "treat" themselves using home-made or substandard candles, such as rolled up newspapers or candles soaked in paraffin! Most of the references/ case scenarios in this article dated to the early 90's, and the most recent one was dated 2005 - a 59 year old woman, while trying to treat herself, suffered severe burns when the candle fell out of her ear and set fire to her bedding.... well wtf did these people expect to happen?

Anyway, it didn't help that I read this article first thing this morning, which wasn't a particularly good time, as even that early, I was managing to have a bad day... Reggie and Lola wouldn't get out of their baths, I'd nearly missed my train, then annoying shyster with loud music sat next to me so couldn't snooze, then DLR stood outside a station for aaaages etc. Needless to say, I wasn't in the best frame of mind... I fired off a quick email, then sat stewing on it for about 5 minutes, then thought of something else to say, so fired off another email etc... And after I'd had a cup of tea, calmed down etc, I started getting annoyed at myself for not following the cardinal rule ie don't send an email when you're angry! So I then had to send ANOTHER email apologising for the previous spunky ones! And this is without me being hormonal!

Anyway, last day in tower (HQ) tomorrow, before the big weekend move.... God, that means I'm going to have to clean out my desk... fek knows what I'm going to find in there....!

4 comments:

Gina said...

Your day couldn't have been has bad as that 59 year old lady's was. That did make me chuckle.

BTW spurged my pitiful bonus on a laptop. Steve thinks he is sharing it....

Ruthie said...

Wow! Can't wait to see it!

It will be on your lap, in front of the telly, in no time!

Paula said...

Hey (6pm Friday) So, what did you find in your desk then!!???
Pxxxxxxxxxx

Ruthie said...

my desk is actually a helluva lot more organised than my personal life/ space! so nothing surprising in my desk!

Was a nice little surprise b/day present left by c.c-f though - not opened it yet, so don't know what it is! Nice thought though!