Monday 13 August 2007

Automatic updates!

Now, much as I love my 20gb ipod, it's a bit big, bulky and heavy - and sometimes I just want to carry my little lightweight 1gb mp3 player with me. So, last night, I downloaded loads of tracks onto it, all ready for my commute!

I'm sure you can imagine how annoyed I was this morning, when none of the tracks played! Grrrr! And what made it even more annoying, was that I could see them on the mp3 player in the removable disk drive, but they just weren't showing in the menu! Double GRRRR!

It would appear that Apple are now using .AAC format for iTunes (god knows what this is), but it's not compatible with MP3 players! Why, oh why, do these companies insist on doing this???? Yes, I know it's so we have to go out and buy software etc from them! And how the frick do they expect 30 somethings like me to understand what codecs are?!?!

Aaaaargh! Is all I have left to say on the matter!

No comments: