Wednesday 29 August 2007

Please note:

When people phone me up, they always say "hello, it's me"... I'm useless at recognising voices, and never immediately work out who "me" is. Obviously I always reply, "oh hello," with a tone that implies I know who I'm speaking to, while I frantically try and figure out from the conversation who "me" is - strangely, people always sound so offended if you ask who "me" is!

Of course, I have absolutely no chance of working out who "me" is, when you've dialled the wrong number.

Spare a thought for a poor confused girlie, won'tcha!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guilty!

Love, Me ~ X ~

Anonymous said...

I get annoying phone calls from 'me' all the time. I also get them from 'so' who keeps trying to flog me conservatories. 'Far' often rings me but I can bearly hear them. I think they must be a long way away. 'La' phones me and tries to strike up conversations about the river mersea. One of the most irritating though is 'Ti'. He lives in America, so because of the time difference I get calls in the middle of the night. They're normally abusive and he calls me a damn fool. I've told him he should come and say it to my face but he won't. Apparently he's not fond of flying. I do however like the calls I get from 'Do' She's sweet, and makes nice cookies.

Ruthie said...

And what about poor Ray???

;o)

Anonymous said...

Ray ? Ray? He's mine I tell ya! What? Oh sorry, wrong blog.....

Love, the not obsessed at all Mrs M ~ X ~

Ruthie said...

Blimey Mrs Windy Miller, I can just imagine it now... "come here little Ray Quinn, and sit on my knee, and help me eat this lovely lovely onion bhajiis..."

No jokes about the mayo, please!

Anonymous said...

As if I would! :D

Mrs M ~ X ~