Monday 6 August 2007

Lovely weekend

I actually had a rather lovely, and productive weekend! I finally finished decorating the hallway, thank gawd, and managed to do a ton of gardening while it was still cool enough to move!

The lovely Mrs Robbo then joined me for a Sunday afternoon gossip session, which was nice and relaxing. Luckily she was content with an effortless cheese & onion sarnie, as it was WAY TOO HOT to cook!

And Mrs Robbo was kind enough to humour me while I prattled on about how Stalker Cat "wasn't now my cat," and that "his owners would be taking him back any day," whilst he was sitting on my lap eating treats out of my hand!!

In the evening, one of my other buddies dropped by. Stalker Cat, having spent most of the day coming and going, decided to bring me a feather, in the most dramatic way he could think of... picture this: the patio doors were open, but the vertical blinds were shut, when suddenly, Stalker Cat bursts through 2 slats (like a dog jumping through a burning hoop), only to get caught by the little ropes that join the bottom of the slats. Quite frankly, he just looked really "uncool"!!!

I practised some of my reflexology on my buddy, and was put in my place in a very assertive way when I tried to explain that his feet were telling me he was having a few problems with his bowels! Although I was UBER sympathetic, when I found out later that he'd had the "runs" when he got home, there was a little smug part of me thinking "the feet never lie"!!!

Be warned!

4 comments:

Gina said...

Its just that you have got more tins of cat food than I've got dog food. And I've got a dog. And I've got lots of tins of dog food..

Ruthie said...

I truly am my mother's daughter - the way she stockpiles tins...tsk!

Anonymous said...

Well at least you'll be ok for something to eat if there's a nuclear war. Although I'm not sure whether eating cat food or radiation poisoning would be worse.

Ruthie said...

Believe me, principles go out the window when you're hungry, whether your a veggie or not!

I'd be "give me the whiskas now"!!!