Monday 16 July 2007

The iPod ....

.... is such a great invention, but also an absolute pain!

I spent ages sorting out all the cd's that I wanted to put onto my ipod, and then spent even longer loading them onto my iTunes library. Annoyingly, most of the cd's just read the track listing (ie Track 1), rather than song title, so I had to sit and type all the bleeding song titles onto iTunes. Then I had to wait about 7 hours while all the darn songs transferred onto the blessed thing!

Eventually I realised that because I'd loaded every single track from each cd, that I was spending half my train journey fast forwarding through all the "b-side" equivalents, til I got to the songs I liked. So out of about 3000 tracks, I was actually only listening to about 750!

For the last couple of weeks, in between sitting on my arse, and running round after R&L/ Stalker Cat, I've been deleting a load of tracks that I don't like, and then uploading other tracks that I do like! So, please read and learn..... if you decide you want an ipod, only bother loading your "greatest hits" cds, or else you will start to lose the will to live, like I have!

2 comments:

Dr. Qazi Mamoon said...

hehe... kind of truth here.. but its worth it.. hehe.. but a great piece u have written.. cant stop smiling..

thekashmiri.c-o.in

Ruthie said...

Ah, thank you! You've made me smile now

:o)