Sunday 29 July 2007

Reasons not to have a pet!

I don't know why I get so soppy over animals!

Yesterday, I spent half the day clearing up tortoise poo (6 of them), which they seemed to have stored up over a few days, and the other half trying to entertain a cat, which I couldn't let out as he had to go to a grooming parlour!

And how noisy was he when he was in the car? Not a stressed miaowing, more like a "WTF have you put ME, yes, that's ME, in this cage for?" irritated one!

Having charmed all the ladies at the parlour, I left him, only to get a phone call 15 minutes later asking me to go and pick him up as they hadn't been able to finish him. Apparently he was "getting stressed", ie was trying to scratch the hell out of them!

Still he looked much better than he did before he went in there, and smelt very nice and girly too (bet he didn't like that!). Anyway, when we got home, and I let him out, it was like "run, Forest, run".

I didn't see him again til this morning, when he turned up wet, dishevelled, and covered in oil! Well, that was definitely not the best £15 I've ever spent!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

http://beakersblog.skynetblogs.be/

alter ego?

Anonymous said...

Cooking or motor oil?

Ruthie said...

it was motor oil, and I don't tend to carry swarfega round with me, as a rule! Darn puss!

Paula said...

So you managed to track him down then in time for the appointment! IF you ever take him there again, he'll do that thing, that sends animals ballistic when they get within 1 millimeter of the VETs!

Ruthie said...

I have to confess, I didn't really bother looking for him. I left the door open, and 10 minutes later he turned up. Problem was more KEEPING him in the house!!!!
x

Anonymous said...

That's good, at least there's more chance that he's moonlighting as a mechanic, rather than some odd neighbour with a Korean cookbook trying to boil him up with some pak choi.
Haha Paula's comment just brought back memories of my old dog. She used to do that, except she knew when she was about 300 meters away. She used to sit down and jam her front legs out stiff in front of her so you couldn't drag her. It was hilarious.

Ruthie said...

My old dog was the same - we used to have a very loud formidable Yorkshire vet, and our doggie was very scared of him. We managed to drag her in once (even though her legs were locked in the "I'm not moving" position) and the vet yelled "SIT" and bent down to pat her on the head... next thing we heard him saying was "I said Sit not Shit... nurse!"

Wasn't our poor doggie's finest moment!
x