Monday 25 June 2007

Another weird thing about me!

I know you're going to find this a bit hard to believe, but I can be a bit quirky at times!

Bruised fruit, particularly bananas, make me feel a bit queasy.... and sometimes, if I see someone eating a banana which has black/brown bits on it, I start wretching.

Several years ago, an ex-colleague of mine put a banana on the drawers under my desk - the skin was already dark brown, so he guessed that it was going to be pretty bruised inside! The problem was, he chose to do this on a Monday morning, not realising I had the whole week off work. Of course, he promptly forgot about it, and when I came back to work the next week, all I could smell was rotten bananas. It took me a little while to find the source of the smell, and by that time, the banana was so rotten, it was slimy to touch. I had to forensically bag my hand, before I could pick up the squelching thing, trying not to chunder over the little blighter who'd put it there! I should have just yakked on him, but I'm far too nice to do that!

Anyway, today, imagine my horror when some woman plonked herself next to me and started eating a brown banana. Eurgh! I had to stick my fingers in my ears, close my eyes, rock back & forth gently, while singing "raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens" in my head to focus on not spewing!!!!

Then the frikking cow kept on falling asleep on my shoulder, so I've probably got mushed banana drool on my clothes now too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know how you cope with such awfulness!
I hate banana's anyway, let alone bruised ones - eeek

Ruthie said...

Oh it's nice to know people understand this "quirk" of mine!

Still, at the banana took my mind off the sniffing commuters!