Friday 1 June 2007

Won't be doing this again!

After a hectic day, came home to find Lola and Reggie had peed on the flooring, and it had all dried up! Nice!

Then Stalker Cat turned up for a bit of Roofie Lovin' - eurgh, made myself cringe typing that! Anyway, he scared me more than The Grudge tonight, by sneaking into my wardrobe when I wasn't looking... when I opened the door, I just saw this pair of yellow eyes staring at me!!!! I nearly shat myself!

{Gina, thanks for reminding me about that film - I was so traumatised after seeing it, that I completely blocked it out of my mind, and now, with the memory jolt, I probably won't sleep again for another month}

Anyway, I managed to evict S.C. from the Big Mutha bedroom quite quickly, with not a rigged phone vote in sight! Which was a bonus, as for a change, I was actually running late for my hot date with Mrs Robbo !

I've got no idea what possessed me to do this, think the sun might have affected my judgement a little bit, but I decided to cycle round to Mrs Robbo's. I haven't done any proper exercise for aaaaages, but I found my trusty helmet, dusted it off (Safety First, kids) and got changed into some completely inappropriate cycling clothing!

Of course, by the time I'd reached the bottom of my road (about 100 yards), I'd realised that I was being TOO ambitious, and if it wasn't for the kids playing in the street, I would have turned round and got my car instead! But hey, I've got to live down this road, and I didn't want to seem TOO uncool (well, more than usual).

By the time I got round to Mrs Robbo's, I looked the colour of one of those Ribena men in the adverts, and had a really shiny face, coupled with the fact that I could barely speak or breathe - mmmm how attractive I must have been!

After about an hour, I think my colour and my heartbeat returned to normal, and Mrs Robbo & I could have a good ole chinwag!

As dusk was falling, I suddenly realised that the light on my bike had flopped forwards, and was pointing down... so it kind of occurred to me that I'd have to leave earlier than I'd planned!

So, I managed to prop the light back up, and set off (painfully) on the journey home! By the time I'd got to the end of the road, the light had flopped again, so I thought it was probably better to take a short cut through an Industrial Estate, which would be relatively empty. So I propped the light up again, and carried on my journey, cycling the wrong way down the one way system. Of course, I saw another cyclist coming towards me, and when he got closer, I realised it was a policeman - just my luck!!!! Despite not being a religious person, I could feel myself thinking "please god, don't let the light drop", while trying to muster a grin and a nodded "evening", and at the same time trying to look like I wasn't an elephant escaping from a local circus on one of the clown's bikes! Luckily the policeman just nodded back, smiled, and carried on his way - phew!

Got home in one piece, but now I have incredible saddle sore!

2 comments:

Gina said...

I thought you looked cute on your bike.

Ruthie said...

awwwww shucks, you're just being too kind....

x