Tuesday 19 June 2007

Torture endured when commuting...

This week I have nearly committed train rage on numerous occasions!

And it's not down to the usual reasons, like loud music/ getting squashed against a window/ sitting next to someone talking in their phone really loudly.... Nope, it's a new chart entry - the really, really, really, really, really annoying sniffing that everyone is doing. One person sniffs, and then it's like a Mexican wave up and down the carriage as everyone else joins in... it's Chinese Water Torture!

Ok, so it's hayfever season, and people can't help having runny noses, but surely people can remember to take a fekking pack of tissues with them? I did! Although by the end of the journey I didn't have any left as I'd forced them onto the people sitting closest to me!

How about this for an idea: hayfever season + people sniffing = time for Kleenex to do some "promotional" work on the trains. Hand out some packs of travel tissues, and save me from getting arrested for throttling someone!

p.s. I learnt today that it doesn't matter how loudly your volume goes, you can still hear sniffing. {NB - this was just an experiment, I'm not usually one of those ignorant, inconsiderate commuters}

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You need to develop a nervous twitch or fake tourets, that will get a 2 foot exclusion zone around you.
Well it works for me!

Throttling someone gets you a massive exclusion zone but then you get arrested and banged up with low life scum bags who have habits far worse than the commuters.

~cuttsy~

Anonymous said...

That is annoying. It's the same with coughing and throat clearing as well. I always seem to get someone else cough or clear their throat on the train just as I'm about to, and find myself having to hold back my cough so as not to perpetuate the phlegm wave throughout the train.