Sunday 24 June 2007

A very traumatic thing happened to me today.....

I decided to postpone the completion of my "project" - mainly cos I've run out of wood, oops! NB - mental note: make sure I have EVERYTHING I need before starting any future projects!

Anyway, this meant that I no longer had an excuse to put off doing the housework! Even though I was distracted for a while when Stalker Cat turned up completely drenched... obviously I had to dry him, brush him and clean his gunky eye (much to his disgust) before I could do anything else.

So, with no more excuses, I carried on with the dusting/ ironing/ hoovering/ washing etc! I cleaned and disinfected the tortoise pens, so they were all nice and clean for them to go back into (somehow I don't believe they will be too pleased about that). While I was cleaning their room, Reggie fronted up to the Dyson again!

Then all of a sudden, the Dyson cut out! I was traumatised at the thought of it dying! But then 5 minutes later, it started again... Gawd knows what was wrong with it - I can only assume that Reggie's brave move had a very profound affect on it!

Oh, and finished watching Vanished the other day, and guess what? That's been cancelled too!!!! Grrrrr! But have now started to watch The Class, which is kinda funny... half way through it, I thought, "I recognise that bloke" - and it's only Sean Bleeding Maguire!!!! I totally forgot about him!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Dyson must have a built in anti-turtle cut out. You have to be very careful with hoovers and pets. I have a friend who had a very unfortunate incident with a prize winning canary, when he tried to cut corners cleaning out its cage because his folks had been on holiday and he was supposed to have been cleaning it regularly whilst they were away. I honestly didn't laugh at all when he phoned me up asking what he should do ;o)

Anonymous said...

I guess you can carry on building the parts out of toilet roll tubes and cereal boxes. After all no project would be quite the same without them.

Unknown said...

A common problem with hoovers or should I say vacuum cleaners is that they can over heat (this does require excessive use or vacuuming when full), once the thermal trip cools down it starts to work again.

I have not heard of a dyson backing down from a tortiose though, is Reggie's surname Cray?

~cuttsy~

Anonymous said...

Now I'm all dried off and spruced up I'm off on the pull.

meoooow!

SC

Ruthie said...

Hey Wayne! That poor canary, did it survive??? Actually don't tell me, then I can pretend it did! Great idea with the toilet rolls/ cereal boxes... I'll add them to the list along with sticky-back plastic, and empty washing up liquid bottles! If I'm lucky, I may be able to build them their very own Tracy Island!

Cuttsy, I'll have you know I take very good care of my beloved Dyson, and empty it regularly! Therefore it must've been overuse causing it to overheat - I was hoovering my mattress at the time! I know, I know, Pre-OCD!

And as for you Mr S.C. that's so typical of a member of the male species! Grrrrr!