Sunday 3 June 2007

So much for me watching....

... all the Laurel and Hardy films! Got completely distracted and watched The Departed instead! Very good.

I am now stuck with a dilemma. I am trying to open a jar of gherkins, and the lid won't unscrew!

I've tried hot water on the lid and rubber gloves, but the lid won't budge. The problem is, the more I can't undo the damn thing, the more I want the gherkins!

I am now contemplating:
a) knocking on my neighbours door, and asking him to undo this for me, whilst putting on my girliest feeble voice
b) driving to my parents, and asking my dad to undo it
c) joining an internet dating site with the view to getting a husband to do these kind of "manly" things for me in the future!
d) just going to the local chippy, and buying a wally... might as well get a bag of chips while I'm there too!
e) smashing the damn jar and then just picking & rinsing the gherkins from the debris (and I'm not even pre-menstrual)

Aaaaaargh!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I suggest option b, I wouldn't contemplate a because my neighbour is a moron. I have a husband, but often find he is at work when jar opening emergencies arise! d is also a good option, but would result in chips and a saveloy.

I find a lot of jar lids get stuck because they are air tight. Banging them upside down on the floor often helps release the air! x

Ruthie said...

The chippy option was very tempting - mmmmmm chips and curry sauce (Homer moment), but I settled with phoning my dad! Good job he's used to me being pathetic at times!

He started mentioned things like "air tight" "creating vacuum" & "breaking the seal", but I think he sensed I was glazing over a bit, so he just told me to get a screwdriver and gently ease it under the lid until I heard a popping noise!

It worked, but now I wish it hadn't, because I feel a bit sick!!!!

x