Sunday 22 April 2007

Identity Theft on MySpace

I now have two (yes, two) MySpace friends called Joss Whedon, who look remarkably similar to each other, I might add. Who'd have thought that two random people, sharing the same name, could look so alike?!!? One's obviously quite shy, as he seems to be hiding behind a black curtain or something - I think he's the older of the two, as the other Joss looks a lot younger... Interestingly enough, they both have similar tastes too!

I was very disappointed to find out that it wasn't the real Louis Theroux, who'd asked to be my friend [I'm still reeling from the shock of discovering it wasn't really Michael Barrymore !] When I read the name tag "Louis Theroux Appreciationists", I just thought Louis had some obscure American qualification that he likes to annotate after his name! It didn't even occur to me that Louis might have been the victim of Identity Theft! What is this world coming to?!? Next I'll be finding out that it's not really the Dalai Lama, either.... although I am sure it is him, as he is in exile in India, and would probably need to use the internet to communicate with the folks back home. And what better way to stay in touch with friends than MySpace? Although thinking about it, I wonder if he knows about Friends Reunited... I'll drop him a line in a minute, just in case he doesn't know about that one.

I've asked Derren Brown to be my friend too - I'm just waiting for his response... I'm a bit worried that he might have used his superpower (mind control) over the 'net, as I felt oddly drawn to him... [Mrs M, I think he's another Shouldn't but do!]

Oh, and talking of superpowers, Heroes is back on tomorrow!!!!! Woo Hoo!

4 comments:

steverobbo said...

Are people aware of all the identity theft that goes on on myspace? Let's hope that Tom is who he says he is.

Ruthie said...

OH MYYYYY GOOOOOOOD! I didn't think about Tom - it MUST be a conspiracy...

Do you think Shaw Taylor would be interested in this???

Anonymous said...

I have a bone to pick with you! I have to keep googling to find out who all these men are! He's not bad though that Derren Brown is he?! ;o) Love & applying for the full time job of searching for 'geezers', Mrs M oOXOo

Ruthie said...

Ooooh wouldn't that be a wonderful job!

Forget googling - this man is amazing - see if he's on You Tube
x