Thursday 5 April 2007

Yippeeeeee! Holidays and hot cross buns!

I'm really looking forward to having 4 days off - no work and no commute, such bliss!

Went to lunch with my big bruv and his lovely wife today! We went to a really nice Greek restaurant near the Globe theatre... the food was gorgeous, but you'll have to take my word for it, because I can't spell it, or pronounce it, so therefore cannot tell you what I had! Oh, apart from the side portion of chips! Yum yum! They bought me The Venegeance Triology for my birthday - I've seen 2 of the films, which I LURVE, and the third one is the top of my holiday viewing pile!

When I got back to my desk, there was an email:

All,
It's the perfect day to do it, and once you have popped out at the bottom, a perfect opportunity to have a drink and tell everyone about how brave you've been and that you were not scared!

What is he on about now , I hear you say??!

Next Friday a few of us plan to ride the slides in the Tate Modern afterwork. For all you wimps, there is a nice steady slide from level 2, but for all the heroes or insane people in the office, why not try the slides from levels 3, 4 & 5! Sliding mats are provided, so no rushing off to the market this weekend to buy any old mat! Tickets to ride the slides between 6pm & 9.30pm will be released from 6o'clock on the day. Tickets are released on a first come first served basis, and are not available in advance. Tickets are free............as is entry into the Tate Modern. Unfortunately, riders under the influence of drugs, or alcohol, are not permitted to use the slides, so maybe the majority of us can look at the paintings instead!!

Remember it is Friday the 13th, so anything can happen..........................................

You'll have to check out the Tate Modern site "Unilever Series - Carsten Holler," to see what it's about, but needless to say, the higher one's are something I'd only do if I was smashed!!!

FREAKED out when I got in from work. My dad had picked me up from the station, and he'd popped in for a quick chat. As we were talking, I saw movement by his legs, and for a split second thought I'd seen my little dog Polly (she died last year)! I nearly SHAT myself! Then I realised it was next doors cat, who had exactly the same colouring, and fur/ hair etc. It's one of those really weird cats that looks like they've been hit in the face with a frying pan! So I shoo-ed the thing out (I'm not much of a cat lover - see previous blogs about catshit in gardens). Then, when dad left, I closed the door behind him, turned round, and the little fekker of an ugly cat was sitting on my stairs! In the end, I picked it up, and marched it next door, trying my best to give the little shitter back, with a smile on my face.... I thought I reacted remarkably well, seeing as I'm quite hormonal... under the circumstances, he was lucky he didn't get booted out the door, like Fred Flinstone's dinosaur!!!

No comments: