Tuesday 10 April 2007

Size 0 tortoises

Good news, my tortoises do not have anorexia, or any other eating disorder. www.thetortoiseshop.com have told me to take no notice of the Jackson Ratio - as long as my babies are eating, there's nothing to worry about, so one big PHEWWWWWWW! Except I've now got about £40 worth of plants, which I panic-bought yesterday!!!! But ahhhh, Lola's just woken up and come over to say hello - how can I begrudge her anything?!?!?

It was soooooo hard dragging my fat arse into work today.... that walk from Fenchurch Street is a killer when you haven't got off your butt for 4 days! I'm going to have to get the Radox Muscle Soak out later... Btw, commuting is a shitter when it's holidays - there's always ten times more schoolkids on the trains during the holidays - how does that work?

Our air conditioning in the new office has been pretty grim since we moved there, but we arrived today to find it wasn't working at all! We're constantly having rows with the premises staff about the windows, which are meant to be locked so the air con works, and no-one falls out. We figured that if the air con wasn't working anyway, then what did it matter if the windows were opened? Needless to say, we lost the argument on the whole Health & Safety issue - incidentally, surely Health & Safety comes into the equation when our offices are measuring 34degrees Celsius (sorry, I don't really do Farenheit)? It was cooler when I was working in offices in India - oh, except when there were power cuts, of course!!!

I might complain, on the grounds that its in violation of my human rights!!!

2 comments:

Gina said...

I don't like to say I told you so...just glad they are ok.

PS Did you ask about the mutant shell ;0)

Ruthie said...

No, I remembered about that mutant ninja turtle film coming out, and I got all paranoid that they might think I was trying to cash in on it!!!!!