Sunday 29 April 2007

Lola Houdini

My computer is in my spare room, which is also where Lola and Reggie live! Usually I can hear them scratching about while I 'm tapping away, which makes me smile.... and if they're running around the floor at the weekend, they occasionally walk over my feet or try nibbling my toes (not so great).

Today, as the temperature had dropped, they were still in their pens. Suddenly it went a bit quiet, and I looked over, to see the top half of Lola poking over the top of her pen, looking somewhat like a Chad, balancing her front paws on the top of the pen, with a really cute "hey mum, look what I can do" expression on her face!!! I was so proud of her, for about 10 seconds, and now I just think "shit".... I'm going to have to get her a pen with taller walls now, so that she doesn't do a 3 foot divebomb to the floor!

aaaaargh, who would have thought that tortoises could be such little buggers!

4 comments:

Gina said...

What Lola would really like is a pen on the floor with a door. Then she could come and go at her Royal Highness's pleasure.

Ruthie said...

I think you're right(again!!!!).

But I've got no control over her now, imagine what a monster she'd be if she got her own way ALL the time!!!!

Gina said...

Since when do we ever have control over our pets?

Ruthie said...

That's true!!!!
x