Wednesday 18 April 2007

Non-stick pans...

I am sooooo jealous of Mrs Robbo's Le Creseut collection, but I know it's not worth me getting any, as I am a completely clumsy cow! Within a week I would have managed to drop/ smash/ break/ chip the item, regardless of how roofie-proof it was... bear in mind that I have written-off a Volvo! I always end up getting cheap baking trays, as no matter what price they are, they never last longer than 6 months!

The other day (when I was REALLY tired), I accidentally cremated some vegetables - oops, I wasn't concentrating, and put the wrong setting on the oven! After a whole minute of trying to scrape/ soak the dead veg off the baking tray, I gave up and threw it in the bin, cos I was too tired and too lazy to deal with it!

Tonight, I used my "reserve" baking tray, and although it's non-stick, I still put a little bit of oil on it, followed the instructions on the food packaging, and the whole fekking thing STILL glued itself to the tray!

It took me 10 minutes of scrubbing in BOILING hot water (my poor ickle hands) to clean the sodding thing! It might be pikey, but I'm going back to putting tin foils on the trays first!!!

2 comments:

steverobbo said...

Get some Le Creseut. A sound investment.

You know you want to...

Ruthie said...

Heyyyyyy!!! You Robbo's are a BAD influence. I've just got that DivX player..... no time for cooking now! ;o)