Saturday 28 April 2007

uswitch.com

At the beginning of last year, I got fed up with British Gas sending me letters telling me it's going to put my prices up, so I looked on www.uswitch.com, and realised I could be paying less a month to other service providers. I ended up switching both gas and electric to Atlantic (which worked out about £12 a month cheaper), and I've been happy with the service they have provided (plus they don't do any cold calling, either).

Imagine my surprise today to receive a letter telling me that because I had been loyal to Atlantic for the last year, and paid by monthly direct debit, they have credited my bank account with £40 as a "thank you"! So not only have I saved £144 for the year, but also got a "reward" too!

So take note Virgin and Vodafone, rewarding loyalty is the way forward!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

I would suggest that you still think about switching again. Atlantic are no longer the cheapest. British Gas are, believe it or not. But you have to sign up online.

Also, I have saved money by switching my broadband. Not only that I didn't sign a 12 month contract. Check out www.broadbandchoices.co.uk. Very helpful guide.

Ta

Helen

Ruthie said...

Hi Helen T, and welcome!

Ah, knew there must've been a catch for Atlantic to give me that money!!!

Funny you should mention about the broadband... I was moaning to the Robbos yesterday that my price for that has just gone up! I'll have a look at that website!

Thanks for the advice/ tip

Ruthie
x