Tuesday 29 May 2007

Can anyone tell me what DHL stands for?

I probably shouldn't blog about this until I've calmed down... but has anyone else found DHL to be the biggest bunch of useless fekkers ever?

A couple of weeks ago, I ordered some goods online - I didn't realise who the "courier" company were, or else I NEVER would have ordered goods from them!

My heart sank when I saw the DHL card on my doormat last week, telling me that as I wasn't in to take receipt of the parcel, I could drive 30 miles to collect it from their depot - yea fek off to that, when I've already paid nearly £10 p&p charges!

So I phoned the Customer Services Centre [I've got no idea why they call it that, should be the "am I bovvered?" Centre], to try and rearrange delivery. As I wasn't going to be able to take delivery, they agreed to redirect the parcel to another address. I stressed about 5 times that they must deliver it on the Thursday, as it was the only day that someone would be there to take delivery. They assured me that wasn't going to be a problem, but as they couldn't specify whether it was going to be am or pm, I had to inconvenience someone for the whole day!

Guess what??? The parcel didn't arrive. When I phoned them up, I was told the "courier ran out of time" WTF???? Anyway, I ended up getting really worked up by the stroppy bitch on the end of the line, who's whole attitude was "yea? what do you want me to do about it?" I won't go into a full transcript of the call, but to summarise, she didn't listen to a word I said, and it frustrated the hell out of me!

I ended up firing an email complaint to them, detailing every aspect of this situation. I was most shocked to receive a response that evening, asking me for the parcel number, so they could investigate this on my behalf. Blimey, someone at DHL who actually cares, thought I! So I gave the tracking number, and waited patiently for their response. This is it:

Unfortunately, this parcel is be3ing returned to your supplier due to an inadequate address.

Please contact your supplier for any further assistance.

Apologies for any inconvenience

Thank you for contacting DHL and assuring you of our close co-operation at all times.

Kind regards,
Customer Retention Team


If anyone can explain what be3ing is, please tell me. And what's with all the "close co-operation" - total rubbish!

I am fuming!

2 comments:

Gina said...

perhaps they are fans of Numb3rs?

Ruthie said...

Well, I'm not a fan of theirs!!!

I'm waiting for the www.goodnessdirect.co.uk order to come through tomorrow - they use City Link - so we'll see if they are any better!