Saturday 26 May 2007

do as I say, not as I do!!!

I think my mum has been a great subscriber to this philosophy over the years, and I have witnessed two things today that have backed my theory up!

Firstly - for several weeks, me mam (she's Scouse) has been telling me to ignore Stalker Cat, as I "don't want to let him into the house," as I'll "never get rid of him". This morning, while she was 'inspecting' my garden, Stalker Cat leapt over the fence and went running up to her. After his initial surprise that it wasn't me, he spent about 5 minutes wrapping his tail around her, and weaving in & out of her legs [see what I mean about him being typical male - what a flirt!] I left them to it, while I went upstairs to feed my babies. When I came back down, I found my mum crouched in my living room saying "who's a wuv-ly boy, den?" while pouring a ton of affection onto S.C. who was lapping her attention up! She then calls me "cruel" for marching him back outside, and then instructed me to go and get some wet cotton wool so I can "wash his face"!!!! Like a fool, I went and got a makeshift flannel, and started wiping his face, only to be told that I'm "doing it wrong," and I should "give it here, I'll do it".... so much for ignoring him then!

Secondly - after banging on about needing to go to Morleys Garden Centre, she talks me into driving her there. So, I end up having to load about 4 big sacks of compost into my lickle Micra [which suddenly seemed to get VERY low to the ground] along with some plants, pots and seeds! Back at my parents house, I unload the stuff, and dad comes out to help me. Once its all done, dad turns to me and says "why do you need compost?" "I don't," I replied. "oh, it's just that when your mum just came in, she said that you made her go to Morleys, as you wanted to buy compost!" I turned round to see my mum having the grace to look a bit embarrassed! My mum, who always brought me up with the saying "honesty really is the best policy!"

3 comments:

Unknown said...

slowly but surely SC is taking control, now SC has your mum under its influence.

my prediction: these blogs will soon be posted by Settled Cat and talk about 'homeless ruthie' trying to get back into the house.

Beware, you were warned just a few blogs ago about world domination by SC!

Anonymous said...

watch out cuttsy, you could be next!!!

Ruthie said...

Yikes, see what I mean about this cat?!?!

He's even on-line now!!!!

Run Cuttsy Run!!!!