Friday 11 May 2007

hope you're sitting down....

... I actually passed my St Johns Ambulance First Aid course!!!! Wooooooo Woooooooo!

Day 4 started with loads of practical exercises, CPR, bandages, slings etc! Then assessment in the afternoon!

There were 2 assessors with rooms with an "injury" casualty, and 2 assessors running rooms for unconcious breathing/ unconcious not breathing casualties. I was the last one in, so had plenty of time to work myself into a nice nervous/ stressed condition!

I was great at the CPR/ placing in the recovery position, not so great at the slings though! Still, it was "fit for purpose", so was acceptable! Nearly forgot to get someone to phone for an ambulance [don't panic, it was only a fracture!], but remembered in time!

Obviously I need to practise some of the "bleeds" and "fractures" procedures, so if anyone wants to volunteer to let me practise bandaging them up like a mummy......

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo-hoo - well done! Let's hope you don't have to put any of it into practice too often!

X

Paula said...

Well done YOU!!!!!!!
Good on you Ruthie, another string to your pretty full blow.
Will, for evermore, feel safe around you now...does this mean we can park in DR's parking spaces?
Kewl! Lots love, Congrats you clever girl.
PaulaBxx

Ruthie said...

believe me, if you'd seen the state of my underarm sling today, you'd be saying that I NEEDED as much practise as I could get!!!!

Anonymous said...

Well Done indeed!!!! :D

Love Mrs M, who always likes playing Doctors & Nurses :P ~ X ~

Ruthie said...

Mrs M - tsk! lowering the tone again ;o)