Sunday 27 May 2007

Yet again, I salute....

... the prime time "gay" television that is Any Dream Will Do

I am still totally bemused by how obssessed I have become with this programme! It's just soooooo camp, soooooo showbiz and soooooo addictive!

The stress of the show must be getting to Graham Norton, as he had suitcases under his eyes, but he managed to hold the show together, with his little witty retorts.

Lord Lloyd Webber was responsible for the most surreal tv moment of the week, when he cracked a joke that no-one got, and then he had to explain it... and it really WASN'T funny anyway!!!!

Captain Jack was looking fabulous, and talking complete sense, as per usual. My opinion of Denise Van Outen has gone TOTALLY downhill! I used to think she was great on the Big Breakfast [not in the
Mrs Robbo's Gay Crushes category], but she just seems to have got a bit lost up her own arse these days. Next week I'm going to count the amount of times she talks about how difficult, and how different, it is "when you're singing in 8 shows a week in the West End" - get over if, love!!!! Mind you, it doesn't help that every time I see her now, I just think "eurgh, you went out with Gary Glitter!" Not sure who the other 2 panelists are, so we'll gloss over them!

The Josephs [snigger - sorry Mrs R, but I just keep thinking of you taking the piss out of them getting called that] had to climb up a pole, sing at the top of it, then jump & grab some trapeze-swing-like-thing. Lewis [who I really detest] did the most girlie squeal EVER when it was his turn!!! I nearly peed myself!

Then some really [apparently] famous singer had to chose one of the 'Josephs' to sing live with him on the 2nd part of the show - he chose Lee (my fave)! Oh, and how jealous did the other Josephs look? It made me laugh out loud! And their faces when they heard they were going to be BACKING SINGERS for the big number! What a hoot! And they even had to do that really naff backing singer shuffle-&-sway-while-clicking-fingers dance that Terence Trent D'erby's backing singers did! Lee was MUCH better than Josh whatsisname!

Anyway, the blonde one (that looks a bit like Linda Lusardi's husband) had to give back his coat this week, which leaves girlie Lewis as the only blonde one left now!

I can't wait for next week's show!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too am addicted to ADWD! My favourite is also Lee. Keith creeps me out (he looks like a bush baby) and Lewis is also odd - everything is in the right place, but he just isn't attractive. Like Ben, although he is too arrogant.

I love the way that they cry about everything - much more woosie than the Marias last year!

Ruthie said...

Hey Hannah - glad to be back???? No, don't answer that ;o)

A fellow ADWD addict - we'll have to start up our own Anonymous Meetings soon!!!!

I can see what you mean about Keith, but I can't concentrate on him when Lewis is on the screen... you're right, he's just too "odd". I think it's because his neck is longer and wider than his head; his eyes are too close together; he has that ridiculous hair cut; and, bad fake tan, imho.... oops, just read that back, blimey, I REALLY don't like him, do I?

They really do camp up the tears, don't they? Love it!

Couldn't get into Maria last year, that Connie Fisher wound me up far too much... she's more fake than Lewis' tan (allegedly - word used courtesy of WayneSaggers.com)

God, we'll have to have a ADWD finale night with take aways, wearing our dreamcoats with extra deep pockets to put our Kleenex in!
It's going to be emotional...!

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure how I'll cope when the series finishes. I haven't contemplated that sad moment yet.

PS: Lewis also has strange thin legs that look like twiglets. He just creeps me out!

Ruthie said...

I've already booked into therapy!

He is UBER creepy

As was that Josh bloke that's meant to be really famous, like!